Release Notes, Datalogics PDF Forms Flattener
PDF Forms Flattener 3.0.0 (April 17, 2023)
- Adds the ability to Export data from XFA PDF files to disk as .xdp, .xfd, or .xml file.
- Adds new parameter "flatten, -f" with value "skip" to import data from disk to XFA without Flattening.
- Adds new parameter "flatten, -f" with value "skip" to Import data from disk to AcroForms without Flattening.
- Adds the ability to export data from Acroform PDF files to disk as .xfdf, .fdf, or .xml files.
- Adds new option "--convert, -c" to convert XFA to AcroForms.
- Drops support for positional parameters.
- Arguments must be passed using the existing -h, -i, -o, -d delineators.
- "-asprinted was removed and refactored into the new "flatten, -f" parameter. It can be used as "-f asprinted".
- Adds new parameter "flatten, -f" with value "skip" to generate missing annotation appearance without flattening.
PDF Forms Flattener 2.3.0 (December 15, 2022)
- SF45276 – This corrects a problem with preserving the formatting of XFA fields when a document is Flattened.
PDF Forms Flattener 2.2.0 (August 11, 2022)
- SF#45182 – Corrects an issue in which the formatting of a XFA fields was not preserved when Flattened.
- SF#45186 – Corrects an issue in which Flattening an XFA document could result in a blank document.
PDF Forms Flattener 2.1.0 (April 1, 2022)
- Uses new API for Forms Types provided in Forms Extension release 2.1.0.
PDF Forms Flattener 2.0.2 (August 4, 2021)
- SF#44445 – Corrects an issue in which flattening an XFA document with a shared Text Field using Rich Text could result in missing elements after flattening.
PDF Forms Flattener 2.0.1 (July 7, 2021)
- Adds a new optional command line argument --asPrinted or -p, which will flatten an XFA document as if it was printed.
- SF#44011 – Corrects an issue which could result in an exception being raised when flattening an XFA document.
- SF#44292 – Corrects an issue that could result in a duplicated text when flattening an XFA document with a shared text field using Rich Text intended to display content on different pages.
PDF Forms Flattener 1.0.0 (May 4, 2020)
Initial release of a simple command line application.
- Flattens both XFA and AcroForm PDF form documents to standard PDF format
- Optionally imports data into PDF form documents before flattening
- Generates appearances for annotations in PDF documents